In the state of California, to remain compliant, if you would like to change your name you would fill out the Salesperson Change Form, RE 214 and submit it to the California Real Estate Commission. If you would like to simply use a nickname or a shortened version of your name, there is no need to submit this form. For example, if your name is William, then you may go by Bill. Joseph may go by Joe. Jonathon may go by John. For any questions, feel free to reach out to us directly by messaging us in the Real app or emailing us at

Did this answer your question?